A good working relationship with your real estate virtual assistant (VA) from the Philippines brings a lot of benefits at work. The workplace becomes a happy place because no task is dragging or difficult to do because your VA is motivated to work which, in return, helps you become more productive as a real estate agent.
Your real estate virtual assistants are skilled professionals who can support you in your administrative, back office, customer service, and other business operations, but they also need to have some time to adjust with the demands of the business and to keep up with your expectations.
Here are some tips on how to build a good working relationship with your Filipino real estate VAs:
1. Let your real estate VAs be involved when setting your expectations. Do not hesitate to clarify your VAs’ roles in the team. Providing them their list of tasks or job description puts them on the right track. That way, they are able to keep up with what you expect of them to do. Plus, they can point out the tasks that they need to learn first.
2. Provide some time to train your real estate VAs. Once a new task is introduced, your VAs need some time to get the hang of it. For a smooth process of learning the task, provide a detailed written documentation or, if you prefer, record your instructions through an audio or video format. Either way, your VAs can maximize the materials and leverage the Internet for more information.
Providing them your valuable time will speed up the learning process as well because you are able to give your feedback, exchange ideas, and even let them ask further questions. In no time, they will have mastered the tasks.
3. Keep constant communication with your real estate VAs to strengthen their commitment to work. Every piece of information you share with your VAs is a way to make them see the bigger picture. For instance, introducing a new task with an explanation of why you’re entrusting it to them helps them fully understand it. Through constant conversation with your VAs, you strengthen their commitment to work hard and provide you with better services. Plus, they get familiar with the necessary business operations behind a property or business on sale.
Your communication with them is also an opportunity to get along with each other. Remember that working harmoniously with your team makes the job feel light and the workplace happy.
4. Exchanging ideas inspire your real estate VAs to learn more. Simple things count, asking about how a tool works encourages your VAs to exert effort in mastering the basic tools used in their tasks, and would even encourage them to learn the difficult ones.
Exchanging ideas with your VAs motivate them to work effectively because you let them speak up when something is not working well. Listening to what they know can also save you time. As simple as asking how to set up the audio settings of your Skype can save you some trouble later.
5. Learn the art of giving your real estate VAs the feedback they need. Remember that your VAs also need to take some time to learn the responsibilities that you delegate. Let them hear your feedback because it will help them become aware of their areas for improvement.
To effectively manage your real estate virtual assistants, learning the art of giving positive or even negative feedback is essential to your VAs development. Letting them know the areas where they need to improve will result in a much smoother workflow because this helps them focus on overcoming their weaknesses. And, remember when giving your negative feedback, make sure to provide necessary information of why you have to criticize the work they do. You need to let your VAs focus on the importance of the corrections so they constructively take it.
Your VAs take ownership of their actions. Whatever they have done wrong, you must take heart on telling them so as to put them back on the right workflow.
What other things do you have in mind to enhance your working relationship with your real estate virtual assistants in the Philippines? It always comes down to a point that it is not easy to manage a team of real estate VAs offshore, but making some effort to figure out how to do that is the key.
Latest posts by Juvy Ann Magbanua (see all)
- Top 5 Free Online Marketing Tools for a Real Estate Virtual Assistant - November 16, 2015
- 5 Ways to Work Well with Your Real Estate Virtual Assistants - August 24, 2015
- Benefits of Hiring Real Estate Virtual Assistants from the Philippines - July 30, 2015